Monday, August 24, 2015

Introduction

I hope you're looking forward to a great year. Let me tell you a little about myself.

This is my second at GJHS and my 10th year in Polk County Schools. Before coming the GJHS, I taught at Dundee Ridge Middle and in Haines City High's IB program. I've also worked in college administration and teaching, as well as the alternative energy research office of a major utility company. Plus, I had a short time in the Navy as an avionics technician.

My favorite part of teaching biology is teaching students about the scientific process and how to understand and even conduct research. I love research because it allows us to answer questions no one has ever answered before; we actually get to create knowledge.

I've been married for 17 years. My wife, Jennifer, and I have three kids: Charlotte (8), Mary (5), and Hudson (2). Charlotte and Mary attend Lincoln Avenue Academy.

Outside of teaching and my family, I'm also involved in a couple other places. I'm a deacon at Kathleen Baptist Church in north Lakeland, and I'm the campus minister for students at Florida Polytechnic University.

No comments:

Post a Comment